We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. Dr. Newman would like to hear about your treatment expectations at this visit. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
Prior to arriving for your first visit, you will receive an appointment confirmation letter and a Patient Information Form, which may be downloaded from the link below and filled out prior to your first appointment. Please complete both sides of the information form and bring it with you to this appointment.
During the initial examination for each patient, Dr. Newman will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We want our patients to leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
You may access the following forms to assist us with your care. Please print and fill out the desired form, then bring it to your appointment.
These forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Click the Adobe logo to download.